- Georgia Department of Public Health
- What You Need to Know about Zika Virus
- Ready Georgia
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC Foundation
- World Health Organization
In the News
- Zika virus could help combat brain cancer February 21, 2018Zika virus, feared for causing microcephaly in babies whose mothers were infected during pregnancy by attacking the cells that will give rise to the fetus's cerebral cortex, could be an alternative for treatment of glioblastoma, the most common and aggressive kind of malignant brain tumor in adults.
- Characterisation of Zika virus infection in primary human astrocytes February 21, 2018Characterisation of Zika virus infection in primary human astrocytes. Michal Stefanik,; Petra Formanova,; Tomas Bily,; Marie Vancova,; Ludek Eyer,; Martin Palus,; Jiri Salat,; Carla Torres Braconi,; Paolo M. de A. Zanotto,; Ernest A. Gould and; Daniel RuzekEmail authorView ORCID ID profile.
- Leading activist recalls visit to Qatar February 21, 2018Oliner compared terrorism to Zika, saying "You know Zika was a major threat, and at the end of the day, we've never really resolved Zika, but Zika sort of went away. But what were you supposed to do while Zika was there? You had to spray yourself and you had to take care." "Terrorism today has no ...
- Zika virus mimics host's immune system, triggering hosts body to attack itself February 20, 2018A research team from the U.S., Germany and Singapore, led by The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, has uncovered evidence that parts of the Zika virus closely resemble parts of the host's own immune system, which may trigger the host's body to mount a defense against both the Zika ...